Buy Local Greater Kalamazoo exists to build awareness of the benefits of supporting local independent businesses. We believe in our local economy and the hard-working entrepreneurs that invest here. We exist to support our members and carry the message of local first to our community. We plan monthly events to support, encourage, teach and connect our members.
Buy Local Greater Kalamazoo grew out of an interest on the part of local business owners and consumers to distinguish businesses that support the local economy. Since 2008, our unique community of local & independent businesses and nonprofits enhance the character and integrity of the greater Kalamazoo area.
- The health of a community relies on the health of the local economy.
- Independent business is the foundation for a successful, thriving local economy.
- Alliances among independent businesses yield new opportunities and are at the root of economic growth and development.
- To increase the purchase of locally produced products, supplies and services by businesses and local residents.
- To educate local residents on the benefits of purchasing local products and services.
- To direct capital toward local financial institutions and businesses that are committed to building a more inclusive and healthy economy.
- To create educational materials, forums and other means to increase, promote and improve local independent businesses.